Family Lucky To Be Alive After Carbon Monoxide Leak
Published: Sunday, 13th May 2018
Thousands of homes in Saxilby were left without gas last week causing major disruption over the bank holiday weekend. But for one family, they are thanking the problems, after it meant Cadent engineers discovered carbon monoxide had been leaking into their home - which may well have saved their lives. It found the leak had been going on for weeks and was the reason the family had been feeling unwell. The boiler was in her garage, but she was ...
New Boilers Bring A Warm Glow
Published: Saturday, 12th May 2018
An ambitious plan aimed at bringing residents out of fuel poverty has seen 100 replacement boilers delivered to 100 people by Runnymede Borough Council. The operation has been carried out in partnership with heating engineers Happy Energy. At an average cost of £2,000 per boiler it has given a staggering £200,000 worth of assistance to residents - thanks to the Government's ECO Flex affordable warmth scheme, being managed by Runnymede as a ...
Boiler Fault Causes Fire In Home
Published: Friday, 11th May 2018
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a first floor flat in Cable Street in Bolton are a fault developed with a boiler causing it to set alight. Crews were called just after midnight on Saturday after the smoke detector sounded and raised the alarm. Fortunately damage was contained to the boiler and crews are urging residents to ensure their smoke alarm works. The gas and electrics were turned off until a new boiler can be fitted ...
Added to basket